Where problem dogs are no problem

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chance

Every waking moment with Chance is a training moment.  I think I've gotten him trained to something, change the location and he knows nothing again.  I can see where he is fearful of unfamiliar things.  I threw Cheerios on the garage floor and had to coax him to pick them up and eat them--I was really trying to get him to sit.  Today we worked on "the big yard really isn't scary so could you  please go out there and stop peeing right outside the door".  We also started working on a recall.  I have never worked with a dog like this before.  He is teaching me how to be a really good trainer and how to read and understand dogs.  He hasn't peed in the house in 2 days so maybe we are making progress there.  He likes to be outside more than inside but I think that's because it's what he is used to.  We will grow together and find him the right people when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment