Where problem dogs are no problem

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rescue

I love rescue and am very involved in it.  I have many friends who are involved in rescue.  Then problem with rescuing puppies at a very young age is that they are taken away from their Mom too soon.  There is a reason breeders keep puppies for 8-12 weeks before they adopt them out.  There are certain things that the adult dogs teach the puppies and it is something different every week.  I took Emma at 6 weeks because I was impatient. Now I cannot get her to go down stairs.  Well, Mom teaches them how to not be afraid in the 7th week.  So this is a person mistake and not a problem dog.  I have to deal with it.  So when you get a dog that was taken away from Mom too soon, it is very important to get that dog socialized with as many other dogs as possible so the dog can learn how to be a dog and how to not be afraid.  This takes a lot of work and a lot of patience.  So if you adopt one of these type of puppies, please be aware and don't give up.  You can always call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment