Where problem dogs are no problem

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Business building

I can now accept payment by paypal to make things easier for my clients.  My mind gets boggled when I read all that I need to do for my business.  When I tell my clients "There is more to dog training than sit and down", I am beginning to realize there is more to running my business than teaching dogs to sit and down.  I am willing to do the work because this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
On the other side of my business, 4 dogs got adopted in the past 2 weeks and I have 2 new babies in my kennel.  Tuli is a 2 year old female that was surrendered because she bit a few people--she was doing her job as a guard dog. Unfortunately, people think that if they have had a dog before, they understand all dogs.  Each breed was bred for a specific purpose and you have to do some research into the breed you are getting.  There are numerous websites for each breed that detail the characteristics of that breed, including full-grown size!!  I also have Duke, an 11 month old boy, I don't know his story.  He is a sweetheart and just wants to play.  He is rather skinny so I suspect he was picked up as a stray. 
Emma is going to a trial on March 10, so I have been working with her to get her back in training and ring mode.  It's not a good idea to let her go for a month with no training at all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment