Where problem dogs are no problem

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fast fixes

Hello, Happy Thursday.  My business is picking up and I have been very busy with all aspects--training, boarding and grooming.  We had our taxes done yesterday and my business showed a profit in the first year.  Thanks to all of you who trust me with your precious dogs.  I've just received my first "rejection".  I worked with a 10 week old lab on Tuesday where the main problem was puppy biting.  I suggested things such as giving the puppy something that is acceptable to chew on, more exercise, giving him something else to do such as "touch", or giving him a stuffed Kong to occupy him and tire him out.  The owner called me today, 48 hours later, and canceled her appt for next week because she said the main issue was the biting and I didn't address that.  I asked her if the things I suggested were working and she said "Not enough".  Hmmmmmm, they have had him for 3 weeks and he has been biting the whole time and they tried for 2 days to correct this behavior.  Of course, I feel like I didn't do enough.  I hope that she finds a trainer who can help her more than I did. I will do some research to see if I can find any more ideas to give the next person.

No comments:

Post a Comment