Where problem dogs are no problem

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Apollo has arrived

This is Apollo.  Apollo was a free dog on craigslist in Kinderhook, NY. My friend Heather from SFLS made me aware of him.  I talked with the owner and made arrangements to go meet him and see if he was appropriate for the Shepherds for Lost Sheep program.  Of course I took him. He is about 7 months old and is a GSD mix.  The only problem he has is that he absolutely hates to be alone.  He got to meet Maggie and Tim and Danny before I brought him home and they approved of him.  We got home and he had to meet the whole pack here plus my daycare dog was here.  Barney proceeded to give Apollo the instructions of the house, I'm sure included in those instructions was the fact that Barney is the Big Dog!!.  Dinnertime came and it was time to start learning sit and wait for his dinner.  He didn't eat all his food and it disappeared.  He really wasn't too concerned.  He is still settling in.  I can hardly wait to see what tonight brings!!  I'm not counting on a lot of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment