Where problem dogs are no problem

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 2

Apollo only got me up once to go to the bathroom last night, however, my husband said Apollo got in bed 4 times to snuggle with him!  Apollo has 2 barks, a whiny bark that says let me in and a deeper bark that he uses when he barks with the pack.  We did some training today and all he knows is sit.  We will be working on down and come for the rest of the week.  He is a loveable little guy and will make a great companion and helper for someone.  He hasn't eaten since he got here but he sure gobbled the snacks while we were training--almost ate my fingers, too.  He is not sure who will play with him yet but he does know that Wilson is only going to growl and snarl at him.  When he is in, he wants out on the porch, when he is out on the porch, he wants in.

We had a mild breakthrough today.  I had to go out to the kennel and Ray was out in the barn so just the dogs were in the house.    When I came back to the house, all was quiet.  Apollo was not scratching at the door and screaming like being alone was the worst kind of torture.  When I opened the door, he wasn't even by the door!!   Progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment