Where problem dogs are no problem

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 4

Lily is here today and she finds Apollo a bit overwhelming.  She is more Apollo's size and he won't leave her alone.  She is quite disgusted with the whole situation and has crawled up on the couch with me to escape his antics.

Apollo went to the vet today.  He weighs 35.6 pounds and the vet thinks he will weigh 50-60 pounds full grown.  We practiced out out in public manners today.  We need a lot of work.  Apollo barked at everyone and everything in the vet's office.  He does not know how to walk on a leash.  There seems to be a little bit of fear aggression.  When I placed my hand on his nose and told him "no bark", he bared his teeth at me.  If he was barking and Emma got too close to him he snapped at her.  He was fine all through the exam, even having his temperature taken.  So, I'm not sure what was going on but will keep on top of it and get him out to get him socialized more.  He is going to be neutered and microchipped next Wednesday, 10/10. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope that my dog that my mom was so kind to donate to ya'll instead of finding him a new "family" is being treated fairly and not being put in dangerous situations. It kind of upsets me how you posted that Apollo is in a situation where he is being ATTACKED BY NUMEROUS OTHER DOGS. I will hope that you will change your future methods when dealing with any other life form because this actually really angers me. We donated Apollo to you because yes, he is a handful and has way too much energy, but knowing this, you shouldn't have him surrounded by other dogs that are going to attack him? I'm kind of concerned and would like some more updates now, because this seems a little ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete