Where problem dogs are no problem

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 6

This morning started with a disagreement over a cookie.  My girls like to save their cookies and then get all upset if anyone even looks in their direction!  Anything for drama!

Today Apollo and I went for a walk.  I knew it was going to be a challenge because whenever I put him on the leash, he pulled.  Apollo's head is resting on the back of my hand as I try to type this.  I pulled out the Starmark collar and put it on Apollo.  He didn't care for that much at all.  He got used to it very quickly and walked very nicely on the leash.  Then we worked on "down" and he almost has it.  He knows to sit if he wants anything.  He is going to be a good service dog.  He spends a lot of time sitting on my lap and is very alert to noises that seem strange to him.

Dinnertime is always fun when a new dog comes to the house.  Of course it takes them time to learn the rules and the other dogs are on high alert lest someone want their bowl.  I made the mistake of feeding Emma before Apollo tonight and when I saw Apollo start towards Emma's bowl I reached down to pick up her bowl.  She must have seen Apollo too and when I reached for her bowl she bit me.  Ah the joys of my job!  It's not bad, doesn't need stitches and my tetanus is up to date so we're all good here.

No comments:

Post a Comment