Where problem dogs are no problem

Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 17

Apollo was neutered last week and is doing well with no complications.  It didn't slow him down at all.  He was right back to himself the next day.  His training is going well.  He knows "sit" and we are working on "stay".  He will do "down" for a treat.  Today he learned "take it" and "leave it".  That went pretty quickly.  It's easy to work with a dog who will work for food!!  When I looked over the lists of tasks he needs to learn to do, it doesn't seem as overwhelming today.  There are 3 lists and some of the behaviors are the same on all 3 lists.  Apollo is going to make me a better dog trainer than I was before he came.  Every dog has something to teach me and I am grateful for everyone that comes and spends time with me.  They have picked out 2 veterans that might be appropriate for Apollo.  I have talked to one and she seems very nice. I think Apollo would be a very appropriate service dog for her.  I will be calling the other one this afternoon to see what her needs are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment